• In 2013-14, Bayreuther finished third among St. Lawrence University players with 36 points (9-27—36) in 38 games, making the freshman blueliner the third-highest scoring defenseman in the NCAA. He became the first Saints player in 14 years to earn Eastern College Athletic Conference Rookie of the Year honors, sharing the award with Quinnipiac forward Sam Anas. Bayreuther was also named to the ECAC All-Rookie team.
• Bayreuther’s accomplishments from his freshman season are impressive considering he played part of the year with a broken scaphoid bone in his left wrist: "I got hit [in February] and I thought it was just a sprain and it would get better but it never did. I went for X-rays last week and I [need] surgery.”
• He began the 2012-13 campaign with the Cedar Rapids RoughRiders but joined the Fargo Force on their run to the Clark Cup final after a mid-season trade. He totaled 33 points (9-24—33) in 50 games and was named to the United States Hockey League All-Rookie team.
• Bayreuther is in his last year of NHL Draft eligibility -- he enters this year’s draft as the No. 48-ranked North American skater, 138 spots higher than his final ranking in 2012 (No. 186).
• A three-sport athlete (also lacrosse and soccer) during each of his years at the Holderness School in Plymouth, N.H., Bayreuther captained the hockey team and shared the scoring lead with 34 points (14-20—34) in 29 games in 2011-12. He earned First-Team All-New England honors in both hockey and lacrosse.
• Bayreuther was recruited by a number of Division 1 NCAA schools for lacrosse and thought that was the path he would follow: “I was almost 90 percent sure I was going to play lacrosse instead. I didn’t think I could play hockey. I assumed lacrosse would be the way I would go. My dad is a lacrosse coach, so that was the way I was looking.”
NHL team: Boston Bruins NHL player: Erik Karlsson Shootout move: “Fake backhand, shoot forehand” Goal celebration: “Fist pump” Video game: NHL 14 Movie: Just Go With It TV show: Lost Actors: Adam Sandler, Jennifer Aniston Music Group: Zac Brown Band Website: Facebook Sport (other than hockey): Lacrosse Athlete (non-hockey): Tom Brady
NHL GameCenter LIVE™ is now NHL.TV™.
Watch out-of-market games and replays with an all new redesigned media player, mobile and connected device apps.
Introducing the new official NHL App, available for iPhone, iPad and Android smartphones and tablets. A host of new features and improved functionality are available across all platforms, including a redesigned league-wide scoreboard, expanded news coverage, searchable video highlights, individual team experiences* and more. The new NHL App on your tablet also introduces new offerings such as 60fps video, Multitasking** and Picture-in-Picture.
*Available only for smartphones
** Available only for suported iPads