• Gudbranson had his fare share of ups and downs this season. Due to injury he played just 41 games in 2009-10, recording 23 points (2-21--23), a plus-11 rating and 68 penalty minutes.
• He played for Canada’s Under-18 team in Belarus at the 2010 IIHF World Championship. It was his third consecutive tournament with the team having won gold at the 2009 Ivan Hlinka Memorial and recording a fourth place finish at the 2008 Under-18 World Championships.
• He won the 2009-10 Bobby Smith Trophy as the OHL’s Scholastic Player of the Year -- the trophy is given annually to the player who best combines high standards of play and academic excellence. A student at Ecole Secondaire Milles-Iles, Gudbranson maintained a six course schedule at the Grade 12 level.
• Gudbranson is the oldest of four hockey playing siblings: Alex (15) plays with the Ottawa Junior 67s minor-midget team and was drafted 10th overall by Kingston in this year’s OHL Priority Draft; Dennis (12) plays for the Gloucester Hawks Peewee team; and sister Chantal (10) plays on a boy’s hockey team.
• One of the biggest influences in his life has been his younger brother, Dennis, who has now beaten cancer twice: “He's battled through cancer, and had to go through the whole radiation, chemotherapy, and all the drugs. He's definitely a really tough kid and someone you have to look up to.”
• He started playing hockey at age five, before playing on his first hockey team, the Blackburn Stingers, at age seven. He credits his parents for having the biggest influence on his career -- “I remember watching hockey with my dad at a young age and the time and effort they have put in has made me who I am today”.
• A little known fact about Gudbranson is his musical ability -- he used to play the tenor saxophone and the drums. He is also currently learning to play the guitar.
NHL Team: Montreal Canadiens NHL Players: Shea Weber and Dion Phaneuf Shootout move: “Forehand, backhand, at the top of the circle, then shoot” Goal celebration: “A little fist pump and point to the passer” Video Game: NHL ‘10 Movie: Billy Madison TV Show: Two and a Half Men Actor: Adam Sandler Cartoon: Family Guy Pump-up song: Crawl by Breaking Benjamin Restaurant: Wooden Heads in Kingston Sport (other than hockey): Golf and baseball Breakfast food: Eggs, oatmeal and toast Superhero: Batman
NHL GameCenter LIVE™ is now NHL.TV™.
Watch out-of-market games and replays with an all new redesigned media player, mobile and connected device apps.
Introducing the new official NHL App, available for iPhone, iPad and Android smartphones and tablets. A host of new features and improved functionality are available across all platforms, including a redesigned league-wide scoreboard, expanded news coverage, searchable video highlights, individual team experiences* and more. The new NHL App on your tablet also introduces new offerings such as 60fps video, Multitasking** and Picture-in-Picture.
*Available only for smartphones
** Available only for suported iPads