• As a defenseman, McNally led his Milton Academy squad in scoring this past season with 35 points (14-21--35) in 28 games. He was named the New England Prep School Defenseman of the Year, U.S. Hockey Report's Prep Defenseman of the Year and was a First Team All-New England selection.
• Currently a junior, McNally is set to join Harvard University for the fall of 2011. His father, Tom, played football at Columbia.
• He is a product of the Suffolk Pride in Athletics program which has produced a number of current NHL players including: Eric Nystrom, Mike Komisarek and Chris Higgins.
• His most memorable hockey moment was winning the 2009 Massachusetts Tier I Under-18 State Championship in overtime – “we played a team with much more talent then us, but we outworked them and won”.
• His very first hockey team was the Long Island Gulls and he likes old western movies because he used to watch them with his grandfather.
NHL Team: New York Islanders NHL Player: Mark Streit Shootout move: “Fake shot to backhand, back to forehand” Goal celebration: “Raise my arms” Video Game: NHL ‘10 Movie: Sleepers TV Show: Seinfeld Actor: Mel Gibson Cartoon: Peanuts Website: youtube.com, facebook.com Pump-up song: “Lose Yourself” by Eminem Sport (other than hockey): Lacrosse Breakfast food: Bagel with peanut butter Superhero: Superman
There's not much to say. We played like [garbage]. I think every guy in the room should be completely embarrassed about how they played tonight. Every single person. To start a road trip, one of the biggest road trips and have a division rival chasing you down and have a ton on the line, it's ridiculous how we played tonight.
— Anaheim forward Andrew Cogliano after the Ducks' 7-2 loss to the Flames on Wednesday