• In 25 regular season games in 2009-10, Nelson recorded a point in every game and scored a goal in all but two -- he had 73 points (39-34--73) averaging 2.92 points-per-game. He has committed to the University of North Dakota (2011).
• His uncle, Dave Christian, was a member of the 1980 U.S. Olympic gold medal-winning team and enjoyed an NHL career that spanned over 1000 games and totalled 773 points. An All-American at the University of North Dakota, he was drafted 40th overall in 1979 by the Winnipeg Jets.
• His grandfather, Billy Christian, and great uncle, Roger Christian, played on Team USA’s 1960 gold-medal winning men's hockey team. Gordon Christian, also his great uncle, played hockey for the University of North Dakota (1947-1950) and was a member of the U.S. Olympic team that won silver in 1956.
• Nelson on his family’s deep hockey roots: "I was probably eight or so when I took a picture with my uncle's gold medal and realized my family had a special hockey history. I talk to them all the time. They give me lots of advice and pointers."
• He was one of 10 finalists for the Mr. Hockey Award which is given to the most outstanding senior high school hockey player in the state of Minnesota.
NHL Team: Boston Bruins NHL Player: Anze Kopitar Shootout move: “Kopitar’s backhand five-hole” Goal celebration: “It’s a spontaneous decision, if any” Video Game: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Movie: Miracle TV Show: Family Guy Actor: Gerard Butler Cartoon Character: Stewie Griffin Website: espn.com Book: The Firm by John Grisham Breakfast food: Burritos Activity away from the rink: Golf or Tennis Superhero: Superman
MINNESOTA RED (2009 Bauer National Invitational Tournament)