• Arnold, who began playing hockey at the age of four through several Learn to Skate programs, has committed to attend Boston College for the upcoming season.
• He was a gold medalist at the World Under-18 Championships in Minsk, Belarus. He wore number 10 this season but normally wears 24 to honor his childhood hockey idol, Terry O’Reilly – a player he’s watched tapes of. “My dad always told me that he might not have been the most skilled player on the ice, but he was always the hardest working. It is something that I always try to take with me whenever I go out onto the ice.”
• Arnold captained the 2008 Under-17 U.S. Selects while playing in the Five Nations Tournament in Slovakia -- he was also named the Most Outstanding Forward at the tournament after recording seven points (4-3--7) in four games.
• Prior to attending the U.S. National Team Development Program, Arnold played for Nobles in 2008-09, leading the team with 55 points (28-27--55). He also appeared in 33 games for the Boston Junior Bruins and finished second on the team in scoring with 47 points (26-21--47) en route to earning MVP honors.
• He is a former teammate, line-mate and close friend of both Charlie Coyle (No. 24 ranked), and Kevin Hayes (No. 26 ranked).
NHL Team: Boston Bruins NHL Player: Alex Ovechkin Shootout move: “The Datsyuk” Goal celebration: “Pointing at whoever passed it to me” Video Game: NHL '10, Call of Duty Movie: Braveheart TV Show: The Office Actor: Christian Bale Music Artist: Lil Wayne Website: ESPN.com Pump-up song: “Rock Star” by Nickelback Home-cooked meal: Pasta with meat sauce