• In the 2010 Ontario Hockey League playoffs, Skinner tied for the league lead in goals (20) and finished tied for second overall in points (33) behind Windsor Spitfires Taylor Hall (No. 2 ranked).
• He finished the 2009-10 season second in OHL scoring with 50 goals in 64 games and his 90 points (50-40--90) were seventh in the league. In just two seasons in the OHL, including one as a sixteen year-old, Skinner has produced 1.11 points per game.
• He was named MVP of Team Orr at the 2010 Top Prospects Game after recording a goal and an assist and was also crowned the winner of the creative breakaway skills competition.
• Skinner played for the gold medal-winning Team Ontario at the 2009 World Under-17 Challenge, scoring the game-winning goal against Russia in the championship final – his teammates included Tyler Seguin (No. 1 ranked), Erik Gudbranson (No. 4 ranked) and John McFarland (No. 15 ranked).
• He is the second youngest of six hockey playing siblings. His twin sisters, Andrea and Jennifer, played hockey at Cornell and Harvard respectively; Erica plays for Carleton University; Benjamin played for the Kitchener Rangers and Waterloo Siskins and will be suiting up for Wilfrid Laurier next season; and the youngest, Jillian, has played for the Willowdale Red Wings for the past three seasons, most recently Midget AA.
• At the age of nine, he had a part in the movie “Death to Smoochy”, a movie directed by Danny Devito, starring Robin Williams and Edward Norton.
• Won a bronze medal at the 2004 Skate Canada Junior Nationals, a competition of Canada’s top young figure skaters that included future Canadian Olympian Patrick Chan.
NHL Team: Toronto Maple Leafs NHL Player: Sidney Crosby Shootout move: “Datsyuk move” Goal celebration: “Just the standard two hands up” Video Game: NHL ‘10 Movie: The Dark Knight TV Show: Friends Actor: Will Smith Cartoon: Space Jam Website: youtube.com Book: The Scarlett Pimpernel Pump-up song: “We Will Rock You” by Queen Restaurant: Fire and Ice Sport (other than hockey): Soccer Breakfast food: Eggs Superhero: Batman