• In 21 playoff games in 2010, Gormley ranked third in scoring among defensemen with 17 points (2-15--17) helping the Wildcats win the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League championship over Saint John.
• In 2009-10, he had 43 points (9-34--43) in 58 games and was a big contributor on the power-play for Moncton -- 10 of his 16 goals over the last two seasons have come on the man-advantage. He was named to the QMJHL Second All-Star Team and awarded the Michael-Bossy Trophy as the Top Professional Prospect.
• After his first season in the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League in 2008-09, he was named the Wildcats’ Rookie of the Year and selected as the 2008 PEI Junior Male Athlete of the Year -- an award he was also nominated for in 2009.
• Gormley won gold with Team Canada at the 2009 Under-18 Ivan Hlinka Memorial tournament in the Czech Republic and was the only 17-year-old defenseman to attend the 2010 World Junior evaluation camp.
• Prior to being selected first in the 2008 QMJHL draft, Gormley had 23 goals (23-33--56) in 42 games with the Notre Dame Hounds in the Saskatchewan Midget AAA League. As an assistant captain, he helped the Hounds win the SMAAAHL league championship and was named the Defenseman of the Year.
• His first minor hockey team was the Northumberland Bruins and he played for the King County Kings prior to playing for Notre Dame in Bantam.
• Gormley’s hockey idol growing up was Dallas Stars forward Brad Richards. Richards is also from Murray River, PEI and took a similar path in his hockey career – attending Notre Dame before playing in the QMJHL and ultimately making it to the NHL.
• The backyard rink built by his dad was where he first learned to skate with his sister and he credits his parents, Darren and Sharon, for having the biggest influence on his career.
NHL Player: Nicklas Lidstrom Shootout move: “Fake shot and go high backhand” Video Game: Call of Duty Movie: The Dark Knight Actress: Megan Fox Cartoon: Family Guy Website: facebook.com Book: The Outsiders Restaurant: The Keg Sport (other than hockey): Golf Breakfast food: Eggs Superhero: Batman