• Pysyk recorded 24 points (7-17--24) playing 48 games in his second WHL season before it was cut short by a broken foot. Despite the injury, he was named the Edmonton Oil Kings Most Valuable Player, the Top Defenseman and the Scholastic Player of the Year in 2009-10.
• The first-ever Bantam draft pick (3rd overall in 2007) for the Oil Kings, an expansion team, he averaged more than 20 minutes per-game as a 16-year-old in 2008-09. He also earned a spot on Canada’s Under-18 team at the 2009 Ivan Hlinka tournament alongside fellow top-rated defensemen Erik Gudbranson and Brandon Gormley.
• His favorite number is three, but it was a number four signature that required him to wear an old jersey for his first home game after the 2010 CHL Top Prospects Game. Bobby Orr, his coach at the event, signed the jersey he had brought for the skills competition: “I had to wear my old one because the other one has a Bobby Orr autograph on it. But it's Bobby Orr! I think I was the only guy that got it signed. But why not? I can just take the number off and have that as a keepsake.”
• Pysyk models his game after Nashville defenseman Shea Weber because of his solid two-way game and he credits Dave Morrow, his best friend’s dad, for having the most influence on his career for all of his coaching out on the pond.
• One of his pre-game rituals is wearing his grandfather’s cuff links to every game and his hockey hero growing up was Jarome Iginla because his grandfather was a fan of both Iginla and the Calgary Flames.
NHL Team: Calgary Flames NHL Players: Jarome Iginla and Mike Green Shootout move: Top secret Video Game: NHL '10, FIFA '10 Movie: Remember the Titans, Dumb and Dumber TV Show: Friends Actor: Jim Carrey Cartoon: Family Guy Website: google.com Book: Loonie for Luck Restaurant: Joey Tomatoes (Ribs) Sport (other than hockey): Golf, Volleyball Activity away from the rink: Water sports Breakfast food: Eggs Superhero: The Joker (Batman)
NHL GameCenter LIVE™ is now NHL.TV™.
Watch out-of-market games and replays with an all new redesigned media player, mobile and connected device apps.
Introducing the new official NHL App, available for iPhone, iPad and Android smartphones and tablets. A host of new features and improved functionality are available across all platforms, including a redesigned league-wide scoreboard, expanded news coverage, searchable video highlights, individual team experiences* and more. The new NHL App on your tablet also introduces new offerings such as 60fps video, Multitasking** and Picture-in-Picture.
*Available only for smartphones
** Available only for suported iPads