• Winther ranked second on Prince Albert with 32 goals and fourth on the team with 56 points during the 2011-12 season.
• In 2010-11, Winther recorded 10 points in 61 games for the Raiders after being selected sixth overall in the Western Hockey League’s 2009 bantam draft.
• Winther and fellow 2012 NHL Draft prospect Mathew Dumba helped lead Team Pacific to a bronze medal at the 2011 World Under-17 Hockey Championship – Winther recorded three goals during the tournament, including one in the bronze-medal game.
• In 2009-10, Winther led the Airdrie Xtreme to the Western Canadian Bantam championship after the team captured the regular-season title. He recorded 11 points (5-6--11) in the championship tournament and was named the tournament’s top scorer, forward and all-star center.
• Hockey is big in Winther’s family. His maternal grandfather, the late Ken Yoos, was a draft pick of the Chicago Blackhawks, but never played an NHL game. His two brothers, Justin and Ty, also play hockey.
• Because of his hometown’s (Trochu, Alberta) remote location, Winther had to commute for nearly an hour to get to his team’s rinks during bantam and midget.
NHL team: Edmonton Oilers Shootout move: Backhand toe drag and shoot five hole Goal celebration: Fist pump Video game: NHL 12 Movie: Billy Madison TV Show: Oil Change Actor: Adam Sandler Music group: Tragically Hip Website: Facebook Pump-up song: “For Whom the Bell Tolls” – Metallica Home-cooked meal: Steak and potatoes Activity away from the rink: Golf, baseball, hunting, fishing