|Final Rank:||9||Midterm Rank:||9|
|Born:||February 26, 1994|
|Born in:||Rochester, MI, USA|
(1st Round / 9th Overall)
- PLAYER PAGE|
• After completing his second season with the U.S. National Team Development Program in Ann Arbor in 2011-12, Trouba is committed to play at the University of Michigan in the fall of 2012.
• He was the youngest player on Team USA at the 2012 World Junior Championship, recording three assists in six games.
• In 2010-11, Trouba played 37 games for the U.S. Under-17 team before being called up for the final 21 games with the NTDP’s Under-18 team.
• He has won two gold medals at the World Under-18 Championships (2011, 2012). In 2012, Trouba posted three points (1-2--3) and a plus-five rating. In 2011, he scored the opening goal of the gold medal game en route to a 4-3 overtime win. Trouba also played for the U.S. at the 2011 Under-17 World Hockey Challenge, winning silver after recording nine points (2-7--9) in six games.
• Fellow NHL Draft prospect Patrick Sieloff (ranked No. 34) is a longtime friend and Trouba’s defensive partner -- the two players have competed on the same team since playing minor hockey for the Compuware organization.
• Trouba first started skating at the age of four following in his brother T.J.’s footsteps -- “I didn’t like it at first. The first time I skated, I kept falling and crying that I wanted to get off the ice. My dad wouldn’t let me; he made me stick with it and try it out. I ended up loving it so he gets credit for that.”
NHL team: Detroit Red Wings
NHL player: Shea Weber
Shootout move: Fake slapshot
Goal celebration: “One arm in the air”
Video game: Super Monkey Ball
Movie: She’s Out of My League
TV show: Two and a Half Men
Actor: Adam Sandler
Musician: Luke Bryan
Book: “Tough Guy” by Bob Probert
NHL.com is the official web site of the National Hockey League. NHL, the NHL Shield, the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup, Center Ice name and logo, NHL Conference logos and NHL Winter Classic name are registered trademarks and Vintage Hockey word mark and logo, Live Every Shift, Hot Off the Ice, The Game Lives Where You Do, NHL Power Play, NHL Winter Classic logo, NHL Heritage Classic name and logo, NHL GameCenter Live, NHL Network, NHL Mobile name and logo, NHL Radio, NHL Awards name and logo, Hockey Fights Cancer, NHL All-Access Vancouver name and logo, NHL Ice Time, Ice Time Any Time, Ice Tracker and Questions Will Become Answers are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P. © NHL 2012. All Rights Reserved. All NHL team jerseys customized with NHL players' names and numbers are officially licensed by the NHL and the NHLPA. The Zamboni word mark and configuration of the Zamboni ice resurfacing machine are registered trademarks of Frank J. Zamboni & Co., Inc. © Frank J. Zamboni & Co., Inc. 2012. All Rights Reserved.