• He finished the season second on the Rockets in scoring with 26 goals which included a team-high 13 power-play tallies. Sissons’ matched his rookie point total (41) in five fewer games this season (58).
• In 2010-11, Sissons finished 12th overall in rookie scoring and second overall on the Kelowna Rockets with 41 points (17-24--41) in 63 games. He finished with a plus-15 rating, the highest on the team.
• Prior to making the jump to the Western Hockey League, he competed for the BCHL’s Westside Warriors in Junior A – he recorded six goals and 22 points (6-16--22) in 58 games.
• As the youngest forward on the Vancouver Northwest Giants in 2008-09, he finished with 54 points, fifth overall in the league, helping the team win the BC Major Midget League Championships -- 2011 first overall selection, Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, was a teammate on the Giants.
• A fan of the Food Network, he is a self proclaimed “fantastic cook”.
NHL team: Vancouver Canucks NHL player: Philadelphia’s Claude Giroux Shootout move: High glove shot Goal celebration: Touch the ice Video game: FIFA Movie: Dumb and Dumber TV show: Breaking Bad Actress: Olivia Wilde Musician: Rolling Stones Website: Twitter Book: Hunger Games Pump-up song: “Shaking Hands” by Nickelback Home-cooked meal: Butter chicken Activity away from the rink: Roller hockey
You forget how good [Nieuwendyk] was. You hear the points and stuff and you almost forget until they kind of walk you through his career, and that was really cool for me. I might have felt it a little more than some of the other guys because he was one of my favorites growing up, but that was very cool and I'm honored to have been a part of it. I had chills the entire ceremony.
— Calgary's Joe Colborne on the "Forever a Flame" ceremony for Joe Nieuwendyk