• Reinhart led Edmonton defensemen with 12 goals in 58 games during the 2011-12 season. He collected 25 points (6-19--25) in 45 games during his first year with the team (2010-11).
• He is the son of former NHL defenseman, Paul Reinhart, who played 648 games with the Vancouver Canucks and Calgary Flames. His older brother, Max, was drafted 64th overall in 2010 by Calgary and his younger brother, Sam, the 2011-12 WHL Rookie of the Year, is draft-eligible in 2014. Both Sam and Max play for the Kootenay Ice (WHL).
• An old broadcast of a Flames-Oilers game from the 1988 Stanley Cup Playoffs showed Reinhart that he and his father have a very similar style of play – “I had never seen him play until then and, just seeing a glimpse of him, it’s pretty amazing how much we play alike.”
• A member of Team Pacific at the 2011 World Under-17 Hockey Challenge, Reinhart recorded seven points (1-6--7) in six games to capture the bronze medal. Fellow 2012 prospects Mathew Dumba (No. 11-ranked) and Morgan Rielly (No. 5-ranked) were his teammates at the tournament.
• Reinhart joined the Vancouver Northwest Giants in 2009-10 and captured a B.C. Major Midget League Championship. He first played midget at age 14, leading the Hollyburn Huskies to a provincial title in 2008-09 by scoring 18 points in six playoff games.
• His childhood hockey idol was family friend Ed Jovanovski.
NHL team: Vancouver Canucks NHL player: Sidney Crosby Shootout move: “Shoot high” Video game: FIFA ‘12 Movie: Step Brothers TV show: Criminal Minds Cartoon: Scooby Doo Website: Stumbleupon.com Restaurant: Cactus Club Breakfast food: Waffles Superhero: Spiderman
CAN (2014 World Junior Championship)
NHL GameCenter LIVE™ is now NHL.TV™.
Watch out-of-market games and replays with an all new redesigned media player, mobile and connected device apps.
Introducing the new official NHL App, available for iPhone, iPad and Android smartphones and tablets. A host of new features and improved functionality are available across all platforms, including a redesigned league-wide scoreboard, expanded news coverage, searchable video highlights, individual team experiences* and more. The new NHL App on your tablet also introduces new offerings such as 60fps video, Multitasking** and Picture-in-Picture.
*Available only for smartphones
** Available only for suported iPads