• Pearson ranked third in the Ontario Hockey League, and led Barrie, with 91 points (37-54--91) in 60 games during the 2011-12 season.
• He recorded 42 points (15- 27--42) in 2010-11, which ranked sixth on the Colts.
• Pearson represented Team Canada for the first time at the 2012 World Junior Hockey Championship, where he recorded six points (one goal, five assists) in six games to help Canada capture the bronze medal. He became the first junior player since Danny Syvret in 2005 to skate for Team Canada after being passed over in the NHL Draft.
• Pearson went undrafted in 2010 and 2011, and was selected in the 14th round (266th overall) of the 2008 OHL Draft.
• A motivating factor for Pearson was seeing teammate and friend Mark Scheifele drafted seventh overall by the Winnipeg Jets in the 2011 NHL Draft – “We work out together, him getting drafted seventh overall, he shows the poise and pride you need to play at that level.”
• He spent time working as a stick boy for the Kitchener Rangers before he started his OHL career – “I could say I learned the OHL before I was even in the OHL, learning from (former Rangers) Steve Mason, Matt Halischuk and Nick Spaling.”
• Pearson credits his father, Tim, who works for Bauer Hockey, with helping to build his game – “My dad works in the hockey business and has been around the NHL. He knows what it takes to get there and he put that in my head.”
NHL GameCenter LIVE™ is now NHL.TV™.
Watch out-of-market games and replays with an all new redesigned media player, mobile and connected device apps.
Introducing the new official NHL App, available for iPhone, iPad and Android smartphones and tablets. A host of new features and improved functionality are available across all platforms, including a redesigned league-wide scoreboard, expanded news coverage, searchable video highlights, individual team experiences* and more. The new NHL App on your tablet also introduces new offerings such as 60fps video, Multitasking** and Picture-in-Picture.
*Available only for smartphones
** Available only for suported iPads