• In his second season with the U.S. National Team Development Program, Matteau recorded 32 points (15-17-32) in 46 games. In 2010-11, he recorded nine points (4-5--9) in 28 games.
• Matteau intends to join Blainville-Boisbriand Armada in the QMJHL for the 2012-13 season.
• His father, Stephane Matteau, played 13 seasons with six different NHL teams including the 1994 Stanley Cup winning New York Rangers.
• He helped the U.S. capture a silver medal at the 2011 World Under-17 Hockey Challenge where he had six points (2-4--6) in six games.
• In 2009-10 season, he won a 2010 Canadian National Midget Championship with the Notre Dame Hounds in the SMAAHL -- he record six points (3-3--6) in seven playoff games. Fellow draft prospects Morgan Reilly (No. 5-ranked), Slater Koekkoek (No. 23-ranked) and Andrew Ryan (No. 109-ranked) were his teammates at Notre Dame.
• He has collected more than 50 autographed hockey sticks throughout his hockey career, including two from Wayne Gretzky and one from Mario Lemieux.
NHL team: NY Rangers NHL player: Alex Ovechkin Shootout move: Fake shot, backhand to forehand Video game: Call of Duty Movie: Step Brothers TV show: Two and a Half Men Actor: Adam Sandler Musician: Eminem Website: Facebook Book: “Coming Back Stronger” by Drew Brees Pump-up song: “Till I Collapse” by Eminem Home-cooked meal: Chicken parmesan Activity away from the rink: Fishing and golfing
Once again, it shows character in this dressing room. Once again, there's no quitting in here. We all wanted this so bad and we worked so hard to get home-ice advantage and we weren't going to let this one slide.
— Colorado Avalanche captain Gabriel Landeskog on his team's OT Game 1 win vs. Minnesota Wild