• Dumba was named captain of Team Canada at the 2012 Under-18 World Championships. He led the tournament in scoring with 12 points (5-7--12) in seven games and was named the Best Defenseman of the competition en route to capturing a bronze medal. He was also one of five draft-eligible players, and the youngest, invited to Canada’s 2012 World Junior Championship camp.
• In 2011-12, he led all WHL defensemen in scoring with 20 goals and ranked sixth with 57 points (20-37--57) in 69 games. His nine power-play goals ranked first on the Red Deer Rebels.
• He was selected as the Western Hockey League’s Rookie of the Year in 2010-11 after he led the Rebels in rookie scoring with 26 points (15-11--26). His 15 goals ranked first among rookie defensemen and tied for seventh overall in the league.
• Dumba captained Canada at the 2011 Under-18 Ivan Hlinka Memorial recording three points (2-1--3) in five games and helping Canada capture gold -- he lists winning the gold as his most memorable hockey moment saying “I’ve dreamed about wearing the Team Canada jersey since I was little”.
• He started skating at four years old after his dad built a rink in their backyard. He lists his dad as the biggest influence on his career because “he has supported him through everything”.
• A Crowchild minor hockey product, he spent the 2009-10 season at the Edge Sports School where he was named to the Midwest Prep Hockey League All-Star Team after recording 44 points (16-28--44) in 41 games.
• Dumba credits former NHLer and current Red Deer coach Jesse Wallin as the biggest influence in his development: “In the last year and a half I’ve learned so much from him, which has elevated my game to the player I am today. We are always talking, and looking for ways to improve.”
NHL team: Calgary Flames NHL player: Drew Doughty Shootout move: “Triple deke” Goal celebration: “Ice scoop” Video game: NHL ‘12 TV show: 24/7: Road to the Winter Classic Actor: Will Smith Cartoon: Bugs Bunny Website: NHL.com Pump-up song: ‘The Motto’ by Lil Wayne and Drake Restaurant: The Keg Sport (other than hockey): Football Breakfast food: Eggs and sausage Superhero: Batman
CAN (2014 World Junior Championship)
NHL GameCenter LIVE™ is now NHL.TV™.
Watch out-of-market games and replays with an all new redesigned media player, mobile and connected device apps.
Introducing the new official NHL App, available for iPhone, iPad and Android smartphones and tablets. A host of new features and improved functionality are available across all platforms, including a redesigned league-wide scoreboard, expanded news coverage, searchable video highlights, individual team experiences* and more. The new NHL App on your tablet also introduces new offerings such as 60fps video, Multitasking** and Picture-in-Picture.
*Available only for smartphones
** Available only for suported iPads