|Final Rank:||11||Midterm Rank:||7|
|Born:||July 25, 1994||Hometown:||Calgary, AB|
|Born in:||Regina, SK, CAN|
(1st Round / 7th Overall)
- PLAYER PAGE|
• Dumba was named captain of Team Canada at the 2012 Under-18 World Championships. He led the tournament in scoring with 12 points (5-7--12) in seven games and was named the Best Defenseman of the competition en route to capturing a bronze medal. He was also one of five draft-eligible players, and the youngest, invited to Canada’s 2012 World Junior Championship camp.
• In 2011-12, he led all WHL defensemen in scoring with 20 goals and ranked sixth with 57 points (20-37--57) in 69 games. His nine power-play goals ranked first on the Red Deer Rebels.
• He was selected as the Western Hockey League’s Rookie of the Year in 2010-11 after he led the Rebels in rookie scoring with 26 points (15-11--26). His 15 goals ranked first among rookie defensemen and tied for seventh overall in the league.
• Dumba captained Canada at the 2011 Under-18 Ivan Hlinka Memorial recording three points (2-1--3) in five games and helping Canada capture gold -- he lists winning the gold as his most memorable hockey moment saying “I’ve dreamed about wearing the Team Canada jersey since I was little”.
• He started skating at four years old after his dad built a rink in their backyard. He lists his dad as the biggest influence on his career because “he has supported him through everything”.
• A Crowchild minor hockey product, he spent the 2009-10 season at the Edge Sports School where he was named to the Midwest Prep Hockey League All-Star Team after recording 44 points (16-28--44) in 41 games.
• Dumba credits former NHLer and current Red Deer coach Jesse Wallin as the biggest influence in his development: “In the last year and a half I’ve learned so much from him, which has elevated my game to the player I am today. We are always talking, and looking for ways to improve.”
24/7: Road to the Winter Classic
‘The Motto’ by Lil Wayne and Drake
Sport (other than hockey)
Eggs and sausage
Here's your chance to win tickets to the 2013 NHL Draft at Prudential Center on June 30th!
ENTER NOW ›
NHL.com is the official web site of the National Hockey League. NHL, the NHL Shield, the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup, Center Ice name and logo, NHL Conference logos and NHL Winter Classic name are registered trademarks and Vintage Hockey word mark and logo, Live Every Shift, Hot Off the Ice, The Game Lives Where You Do, NHL Power Play, NHL Winter Classic logo, NHL Heritage Classic name and logo, NHL GameCenter Live, NHL Network, NHL Mobile name and logo, NHL Radio, NHL Awards name and logo, Hockey Fights Cancer, NHL All-Access Vancouver name and logo, NHL Ice Time, Ice Time Any Time, Ice Tracker and Questions Will Become Answers are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P. © NHL 2012. All Rights Reserved. All NHL team jerseys customized with NHL players' names and numbers are officially licensed by the NHL and the NHLPA. The Zamboni word mark and configuration of the Zamboni ice resurfacing machine are registered trademarks of Frank J. Zamboni & Co., Inc. © Frank J. Zamboni & Co., Inc. 2012. All Rights Reserved.