Every spring there is no shortage of postseason predictions and prognostications, and EA Sports has its own answers to which team will be advancing to round two of the Stanley Cup Playoffs.
Using its EA SPORTS NHL 11 simulation engine, EA SPORTS has determined that Washington, Philadelphia, Boston and Tampa Bay will emerge from the first round in the East, while Vancouver, San Jose, Detroit and Nashville will do so from the West, and perhaps the fans should take note. EA SPORTS correctly tabbed the Canucks to take the Presidents' Trophy this season, while also predicting Chicago's eventual reunion with Lord Stanley last June.
While no major upsets are predicted in the conference quarterfinals, both Nashville and Boston are predicted to be pushed to the brink before moving on after a Game 7 victory. Sweeps, too, are in short supply, however, as only the Capitals are tipped to breeze past their first-round opponent in four games.
EA SPORTS NHL 11 Round 1 Predictions
(1) Vancouver defeats (8) Chicago; 4-2
(2) San Jose defeats (7) LA Kings; 4-1
(3) Detroit defeats (6) Phoenix; 4-2
(5) Nashville defeats (4) Anaheim; 4-3
(1) Washington defeats (8) NY Rangers; 4-0
(2) Philadelphia defeats (7) Buffalo; 4-1
(3) Boston defeats Montreal (6); 4-3
(5) Tampa Bay defeats (4) Pittsburgh; 4-2