The pucks just kept coming and coming at Sioux Falls Stampede goalie Charlie Lindgren. But for every one of the career-high 41 shots the Tri-City Storm fired at him Friday night, Lindgren had an answer, stopping all of them for his second shutout of the season.
Lindgren, ranked No. 4 by NHL Central Scouting among United States Hockey League goalies in its preliminary rankings of players for the 2013 NHL Draft, continued his strong play Sunday, stopping 21 of 22 shots in a 3-1 win at the Sioux City Musketeers.
In his second USHL season, Lindgren is tied for second in the league with 10 wins, and is ranked in the top seven in the league in goals-against average (2.39) and save percentage (.915). His two shutouts are tied for second in the league, one behind the leader.
Lindgren wasn't the only 2013 Draft hopeful in the USHL to have a big weekend. Here is how a few other players fared:
* Waterloo forward Taylor Cammarata had a pair of goals in the Black Hawks' 4-3 loss to the Indiana Ice on Friday. He leads the league with 35 points in just 18 games and is No. 18 on Central Scouting's ranking.
* Omaha defenseman Matias Cleland had a pair of assists in the Lancers' 4-3 defeat of Team USA on Friday and added two more assists Saturday in a 4-3 defeat of the Lincoln Stars.
* Omaha's Kyle Osterberg had two goals and an assist in his team's win against Team USA on Friday.
* Green Bay's Kevin Irwin had two goals and teammate Ryan Siroky had two goals and an assist in the Gamblers' 9-0 defeat of the Des Moines Buccaneers on Friday.
* Dubuque left wing Frank DiChiara had a pair of assists in the Fighting Saints' 5-1 defeat of the Youngstown Phantoms on Friday, and scored two goals Saturday in a 5-4 win against Youngstown.
* Tri-City's Jared Linnell scored two goals Saturday in the Storm's 6-3 win against Team USA.
* Muskegon's Jordan Uhelski stopped all 24 shots he faced for a 3-0 shutout of the Cedar Rapids Rough Riders on Saturday.
* Des Moines' Billy Christopoulos made 30 saves for a 3-0 shutout of the Chicago Steel on Saturday.
* Indiana defenseman Rinat Valiev had three assists in a 5-4 win at Waterloo on Saturday.
* Lincoln center Luke Johnson, No. 8 on Central Scouting's list, had two goals and an assist in a 4-3 loss at Omaha on Saturday.
* Riley Bourbonnais of the Sioux City Musketeers had two goals in his team's 4-1 win Saturday at the Fargo Force.
* Youngstown center Austin Cangelosi had a pair of assists Saturday in his team's 5-4 loss at Dubuque. On Sunday he had a goal and two assists as the Phantoms won 4-2 at Chicago. In the Sunday game, teammate Sam Anas had two goals.
Contact Adam Kimelman at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter: @NHLAdamK