On Monday, Halifax's Nathan MacKinnon earned an invitation to Canada's tryout camp for the World Junior Championship. That caps another solid weekend for the top 2013 NHL Draft prospect.
MacKinnon, ranked No. 1 by NHL Central Scouting in its preliminary ranking of the top 25 draft-eligible skaters in the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League, had four points in two games over the weekend.
On Friday, MacKinnon had a pair of goals and an assist as the Mooseheads beat the Chicoutimi Sagueneens 7-1. He had the primary assist on the game-winning power-play goal Sunday in a 3-2 defeat of the visiting Victoriaville Tigers. The win was Halifax's sixth in its last seven games and leaves the Mooseheads two points ahead of the Blainville-Boisbriand Armada for the best record in the QMJHL.
MacKinnon finished November with 17 points in 10 games, and enters the week third in the league in scoring with 47 points in 27 games.
Here is how a few other 2013 Draft-eligible QMJHL players performed over the weekend:
* Rimouski left wing Peter Trainor had a goal and an assist in the Oceanic's 5-1 win at the Cape Breton Screaming Eagles on Friday, and added a pair of assists Sunday in a 4-1 win at the Saint John Sea Dogs. Trainor's teammate, left wing Scott Oke, had a goal and two assists in Friday's win, and goalie Philippe Desrosiers stopped 44 of 45 shots.
* Gatineau left wing Emile Poirier had two goals in the Olympiques' 5-4 shootout win at the Drummondville Voltigeurs on Friday. He's No. 14 on Central Scouting's list.
* Shawinigan Cataractes defenseman Dylan Labbe had a goal and two assists Saturday in his team's 6-3 loss to the Rouyn-Noranda Huskies.
* Acadie-Bathurst defenseman Francois Godin had two goals and an assist in the Titan's 7-4 win against Chicoutimi on Sunday.
* Blainville-Boisbriand's Marc-Olivier Roy, No. 18 on Central Scouting's list, had a career-best four assists in the Armada's 7-6 overtime loss at Drummondville.
* Drummondville's Jerome Verrier scored twice, including the game-winning power-play goal at 3:40 of overtime, in his team's 7-6 OT win against Blainville-Boisbriand.
* Val-d'Or's Vincent Dunn had a hat trick plus an assist in the Foreurs' 6-2 win at Shawinigan on Sunday. Dunn is No. 12 on Central Scouting's list.
Contact Adam Kimelman at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter: @NHLAdamK